Tuning module for most e-bikes / pedelecs with Yamaha drive system.
Suitable for the motor types PW-X / PW-X2 / PW-SE / PW-ST / PW-TE and PW-CE of all model years (also 2023). For bikes with other Yamaha drive systems, please refer to the following selection guide.
Not compatible with:
- Yamaha Crosscore RC
- Yamaha Wabash RT
Compatible with all displays. So with the Sideswitch (Display A), Multiswitch (Display C) and the Display X.
The device is installed invisibly from the outside on the motor. No cables have to be damaged or modified, the module is simply plugged in and is immediately ready for use.
No PC or smartphone is required. All settings are made via the display control buttons on the bike.
A unique feature is the ability to set both the speed limit, the downshift behavior and the wheel circumference via the display.
In contrast to the almost complete elimination of the speed limit with other tuning modules, this module still allows a very sporty driving style with moderate battery consumption by slightly increasing the limit, e.g. to 32km/h. For a more natural riding experience, the dynamic mode spreads the downshift over a wider speed range, the so-called "wall effect" is significantly reduced.
New in the now third version of the module is the possibility to set an own code for activation. In addition, setup is now no longer required after installation. The module is immediately ready for operation.
- New: Automatic initialization, immediately ready for operation after installation – plug and ride.
- Tuning can be turned on or off via the arrow keys on the control unit.
- After switching on, the speed limit can be freely set in the range 25 – 45km/h (15.5 – 28mph) using the arrow keys. The last set value is stored.
- The tuning is always turned off after switching on the bike.
- Setting of a smoother “throttling behaviour” possible (dynamic mode). The otherwise very abrupt cut-off at the speed limit is thereby significantly softened.
- New: Individual activation code adjustable
- Correct display of speed and distance traveled at all times.
- Residual range calculation from current riding style with active tuning.
- Correct total mileage reading even after removing the tuning module, because the kilometers in the motor control are corrected by the tuning module.
- Wheel circumference adjustable (+/-10%) to improve the accuracy of the speed display and distance measurement.
- Housing dimensions: 37mm x 19mm x 9mm (1.46” x 0.75” x 0.36”)
- Cable length: Approx. 140mm (5.5”)
- Weight: 0.025kg (0.9oz)
- Power consumption: 0.1W
- Supply voltage: 5VDC
- WEEE-Reg.-Nr. DE35476192
Scope of Supply
- PW-SE / PW-ST / PW-TE: Allen key 3 & 6mm, ideally a torque ratchet
- PW-X: Allen key 3, 5 & 6mm, ideally a torque ratchet, chainring wrench
Legal and safety infromation / product liability
- Operation of the e-bike on public roads is no longer permitted after installation of the module. Use is only permitted on private property or on designated test and race tracks.
- Damage caused in connection with the operation of the e-bike is no longer covered by private liability insurance after installation.
- Liability, warranty and guarantee claims against the dealer or manufacturer of the E-bike expire or are severely restricted.
- The e-bike is subject to higher mechanical stress due to operation at higher speeds. This results in additional safety risks.
- The installation and operation of the module is at your own risk. The manufacturer accepts no liability for damage associated with the installation and operation of the device.
- Please inform yourself about possible further technical and legal consequences before installing the device.