Tuning module for permanent installation in e-bikes / pedelecs with Giant Syncdrive Sport / Pro / Life / Core drive system from model year 2017 to 2022 with the displays EVO, EVO-SG, CHARGE and PLUS, as well as the control units ONE, DASH 2 IN 1-SG, ERGO-SG and ERGO2-SG.
The device is installed invisibly on the motor from the outside. No cables need to be damaged or modified, the module is simply plugged in.
All settings are made via the display on the bike.
Unique is the possibility to set both the speed limit, the downshift behavior and the wheel circumference via the display.
In contrast to the almost complete elimination of the speed limit with other tuning modules, this module still allows a very sporty riding style with moderate battery consumption by slightly increasing the limit, e.g. to 32km/h. For a more natural riding experience, the dynamic mode spreads the downshift over a wider speed range, the so-called "wall effect" is significantly reduced.
To be able to use all the functions of the tuning, the display of the total kilometres and the speed is required. If your e-bike does not have a display, you can also use the Ridecontrol app for this.
- New: Automatic initialization, immediately ready for operation after installation – plug and ride.
- Tuning can be turned on or off via the arrow keys on the control unit.
- After switching on, the speed limit can be freely set in the range 25 – 45km/h using the arrow keys. The last set value is stored.
- The tuning is always turned off after switching on the bike.
- Setting of a smoother “throttling behaviour” possible (dynamic mode). The otherwise very abrupt cut-off at the speed limit is thereby significantly softened.
- New: Individual activation code adjustable
- Correct display of speed, distance traveled, and average speed at all times.
- Correct total mileage of the bike even after removal of the tuning, because the kilometers in the motor control are corrected by the tuning module.
- Wheel circumference adjustable (+/-10%) to improve the accuracy of the speed display and distance measurement.
- Housing dimensions: 37mm x 19mm x 9mm (1.46” x 0.75” x 0.36”)
- Cable length: Approx. 140mm (5.5”)
- Weight: 0.025kg (0.9oz)
- Power consumption: 0.1W
- Supply voltage: 5VDC
- WEEE-Reg.-Nr. DE35476192
Scope of Supply
For installation you often need the following tools:
- Torx wrench TX20 / TX25 / TX30
- Allen key 5mm / 6mm / 8mm
In addition, the following tool is often required with Syncdrive Pro:
The tuning is plugged into the electrical connections of the motor. These are located in the upper region of the motor. Depending on the model, these are already accessible when the lower motor protection cover is removed. If this is not the case, the motor must also be detached from the frame. On the Syncdrive Sport / Life / Core, the motor is attached to the frame with 3 screws from the left, which can be loosened very easily. The Syncdrive Pro, however, is attached with 2 screws each from the left and right. The right screws are often covered by the chainring. For its access, therefore, the chainring must often be removed. Either the chainring is detached from the spider or the chainring is dismantled including spider. However, this requires a special tool for loosening the lock ring and an ISIS crank puller.
Legal and safety infromation / product liability
- Operation of the e-bike on public roads is no longer permitted after installation of the module. Use is only permitted on private property or on designated test and race tracks.
- Damage caused in connection with the operation of the e-bike is no longer covered by private liability insurance after installation.
- Liability, warranty and guarantee claims against the dealer or manufacturer of the E-bike expire or are severely restricted.
- The e-bike is subject to higher mechanical stress due to operation at higher speeds. This results in additional safety risks.
- The installation and operation of the module is at your own risk. The manufacturer accepts no liability for damage associated with the installation and operation of the device.
- Please inform yourself about possible further technical and legal consequences before installing the device.